Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stuff...

So...I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I'm on the prowl for a job to get me through the fall term and into the next year when grad school starts. On top of that, I'm getting my application package together so that I can get into school...the fun never ends.

I've got to register for a test called the Praxis II. It's supposed to test my knowledge in my chosen teaching field. I hope to hell I pass. Meh, I usually do well on those standardized tests. Also, on the job front, I had applied at a local assisted living facility but they don't have anything at the moment. My roommate works there and, when he went in, she asked him if I'd be interested in a maintenance supervisor position that pays considerably more than the position I was seeking. It would entail a commute of an hour or so, but, apparently, the pay would be worth it. I'll be seeing the boss-lady-in-charge tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

13 comments:

lisalisabobisa said...

Good luck Rene! I hope you get it! And good luck with the test also:D

texican412 said...

Thanks...I'm gonna need it. :)

Woman of Feathers said...

We have faith in ya bud ... :D

Patty said...

I wish you the best of luck possible. Good luck on all the testing you are going to be going through.

Kelly Ann said...

Your gunna score great! :)

Cam a LOT said...

Once you get that job, please feel free to send me money.

;-)

texican412 said...

Thank, y'all...:D

Cam...you're all heart...:p

Libertine said...

Hope you get the job.

texican412 said...

Thanks, Will.

Dee Jay said...

Good luck to you!

*grabs pom poms and starts leading Tex cheers*

I love the layout here! Chica did a great job on it.

LMC said...

Good luck! I'll be back to read the post all about your new job!

anon said...

Please man....you don't need any well wished because I know you have what it takes to ace this. It's all in your brain. Just relax and let the knowledge flow!!!

Was that a little too "new age"ish??

etainne said...

Luck! wow you are making a few changes,huh? Praxis isn't too big a deal, don't sweat it.